Who is involved in this?
Besides the Content Provider, several parties have a financial and or technical role in Premium Services.
- Content Provider: supplies the actual content, game, service.
- Aggregator or Gateway Provider: gives the Content Provider access to a network, and supplies the vehicle for content delivery (for instance the SMS)
- Telecom Network Provider: has the contract (mobile phone contract) with the end user, and the physical network to reach out to the end user (has the road for the vehicle).
- State: charges the GST
A simple comparison to clarify the roles in a daily situation:
You want to send your cousin a letter.
- You write the letter (so you are the Content Provider),
- for which you need a pen, paper and envelop (all that is provided to you by the Aggregator/Gateway Provider).
- Now its all written and in an envelop, you need to get this letter to your cousin and for that you use the post, because they have a network of posties on bikes who can bring it there (Telecom Network Provider).
- On top of the price you paid to obtain paper, envelop and stamp, you have paid GST (State/Fed Government)